Today I went for a run and as I was running I began compiling lists of my Big Five. Will thinks it's crazy that I have SUCH specific ideas about where I want to go and what I want to do, but hey, if you can dream big, why not dream DETAILED!!! Here's what a couple quick kilometers can do for the imagination....
Top 5 Things I'd Love to Visit
1) Djenne Mosque in Mali
2) Timbuktu's Festival in the Desert
3) Wildebeest Migration in the Serengeti
4) Il Palio, Sienna, Italy (A an incredible horserace in an old Tuscan town)
5) Pushkar Camel Fair in Rajasthan, India
Top 5 Places I'd Love to Own Property
1) Restore an ancient riad in the heart of the Fez medina, Morocco
2) A villa in Tuscany, surrounded by vineyards & olive groves
3) A Thousand-Acre ranch in California where Will & I can hunt, ride horses, and camp in the mountains.
4) Restore an old Plantation-Era home in Mississippi
5) Build a beautiful home on Kal Lake in British Columbia
Top 5 Things I have a Heart for
2) Women forced into the Sex Trade
3) The 10/40 Window
4) The Holy Land and the History of the Bible
5) The Persecuted Church
Top 5 Overland Trips I'd Love to Make
1) Travel through every country around the Mediterranean
2) Morocco to Mali as part of a camel caravan
3) Travel only by train from Portugal to Japan
4) Road trip around the United States using only highways and backroads--ABSOLUTELY NO INTERSTATES!
5) Take a leisurely road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway from Monterrey to Santa Barbara
Top 5 Lifelong Goals I've Already Fulfilled
1) Travel the Trans-Siberian Railway from Moscow to Beijing
2) Photograph the Christian Church in Cuba before Castro dies
3) Visit my family in the jungles of the Northern Philippines with my mom
4) Go skydiving (My first goal--a dream I had since the age of FOUR!)
5) Earn a living as a self-employed photographer.