Monday, February 22, 2010

Jenny & Kevin's Engagement Photos: Napa, California

I'm trying to think of an intro here, but all that comes screaming to mind is, "I LOVE THESE PHOTOS!!!" I usually try to avoid large, general statements like that on my blog because, let's be honest, there's a good chance you'll quit visiting my blog if I allow the content to become full of generic proclamations. Also, I'm one of those people who tends to use words like 'love', 'favourite', 'best', and 'always' wayyy too much, so this blog challenges me to stretch my vocab muscles. Today, however, I'm not being lazy, I'm just expressing the first thing that comes to mind when I look at these shots!

My friend Jenny and her fiance Kevin came to stay with Will and I over New Years, and while they were here we drove up to Napa for an engagement shoot. Kevin is a high-end hairdresser so we swapped hair cuts for a portrait session, and as many of you know, I love a good trade!

The Napa Valley is a gold mine when it comes to prime settings for romantic photos. For a few of our shots we pulled off the road whenever I saw a possible photo op, and for others we just happened upon them while wandering. While photographing Jenny & Kevin with the old train car, my mind conjured up images filed away from movies, history, and my own rail adventures. For me the romance of travel is summed up in the train as a mode transport, and this train car seemed like the perfect setting for photos of a couple about to embark on a new adventure!

Bon Voyage Jenny & Kevin!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, ideas, tips, and questions are always welcome...I'd love to hear yours!